The hardwood floors are becoming more and more popular because of the classy nature they add to a house. In addition to the classy feel, they are also more durable than most of the floors we know of. Cleaning these floors has been a challenge especially to the newbie’s. Just like any other form of floor, cleaning may involve so much hassles such pushing furniture from corner to corner, being on your knees as you do the scrubbing, using buckets and a lot of water etc. cleaning hardwood floors need not be difficult anymore. Improved technology will make work easier than never before. The use of vacuum cleaners is the best and easiest way you can give your hardwood walls that Midas touch it needs. They will make work easier and efficient. No more buckets and rags. No more kneeling and no more pushing furniture from corner to corner. With the best vacuum for hardwood floors, such hassles will absolutely come to an end.
What are the need, uses and benefits of vacuum cleaners?
Makes Cleaning Easier:
Cleaning up any type of dirt, spillage, and dust among others is always made easier and more convenient by the use of vacuum cleaners. They make picking up of dirt and various kinds of fluids much easier than you can fathom.
Vacuum cleaners, especially the handheld ones are very portable hence making it easy to do a lot of work in a wide area or even different places. Moving them and even transporting the cleaners from one place to the other is easy. As long as the vacuum cleaners have charge, you can move with them to any place you wish.
There are cleaners that have this option. They filter what they suck hence reducing the risks of losing some of the little but valuable house products. This feature is also beneficial in the sense that it reduces the risks of spoiling the machine. It is a feature associated with only some of the best vacuum cleaners for hardwood floor.
They always have suction features and powers that enable them clean surfaces better than through scrubbing and wiping. The suction property makes it possible for the model to suck dirt in between tiles etc, something that can’t easily be done without the suction.
Easier to Clean:
The vacuum cleaners do not only make the floor cleaning process to be easy to tackle but it is easy to clean the cleaners themselves. This is especially the case with handheld vacuum cleaners that rarely have sacks and bags to be cleaned. Cleaning the cleaners, especially the filters regularly will extend the life of your machine.
Helpful Functions, Tools & Accessories:
A good number of companies design cleaners that have similar tools as well as accessories. Such include the extendible crevice tools, motorized brushes, and squeegees among others. All these features among other accessories make the cleaners to be efficient, versatile and easy to use as they end up doing different tasks, perfectly and within a short space of time.
Availability of various sizes:
This is important as everyone can get a product for their needs and that which they can afford. There are big cleaners for big companies use while at the same time we have other small ones for efficient use in small spaces.
Saving of Time:
Even the most traditional vacuum cleaner will do the cleaning job faster than cleaning without. The most modern ones are better by far. You will just use a small fraction of the time you would have used were you using your hands and rags to do the cleanup.
Choosing your best vacuum for hardwood floors with top 6 reviews
This is a cleaning machine that has all the features needed in the market today. The vacuuming technology is very dynamic, improving every day. The Shark Navigator (NV356E) is technologically advanced, with: much power, versatility and efficiency when it comes to cleaning hard floors, carpets among other surfaces.
- Cleaning power of 1200 Watts
- Types of surface cleaned are; carpets and bare floors
- Has got swivel steering
- Cord length is 30 feet.
- Cleaning path is 9.5 inches
- Product weight is14 pounds
- Has foam filters together with HEPA
- It has Suction Control
- Comes with a never loss suction technology
- The swivel enhances for easy maneuvering
- With just one microfiber pad, you will dust away hard floors
- Has the HEPA together with an anti allergen complete technology
- It is lightweight, having an extra large portable canister
The product will do the job with a lot of accuracy and without having to leave your hand dirty. It is designed for use in cleaning hardwood floors. Having a bottom release cup, you will not have to keep on dirtying your hands. In addition, it covers more space hence shortening the cleanup time, gives closer access to corners and walls and has intuitive power controls.
- Comes with a two year warranty
- Has an Extreme Recline Handle that’s specialized to easily reach far under furniture and limited spaces
- Has a low profile base that easily fits under furniture and under counter for easy cleaning
- It has a LINX Cordless Lithium-ion battery that’s rechargeable and interchangeable
- It is good when it comes to cleanup of pet hair
- It cleans all the debris i.e. larger and fine ones
- It is sleek and very versatile
- Height adjustment is automated hence can be used by persons of any height.
- The battery life is relatively shorter
The Hoover SH20030 is a multipurpose machine that can be used for almost all the vacuum cleaning tasks in the home. When you buy this product, you will save yourself from the hassle of buying a good number of other vacuum cleaners. This is because; it is capable of cleaning your hardwood floors, your carpets, tiles among others.
- Dirt disposal has been simplified by the bottom release dirt/dust cup. You are able to see when you need to empty, which is quite easy to do.
- Has a twenty inches power cord having a cord release
- Has an Extreme Recline Handle System
- Has the Swivel Steering System
- The Extreme Recline Handle System allows you to easily access far to reach areas such as under seats etc.
- The swivel steering allows one to maneuver easily around furniture
- Multipurpose, being capable of cleaning hard floors together with rugs among others
Do you need three convenient cleaners just in one unit? Then this is the model you have been looking for. Being able to convert in to hand vac, stick vac as well as detail vac, you can achieve all your needs that pertains to cleaning hardwood floors among other surfaces. You will clean the dust, crumbs, pet hair and dirt in almost all the surfaces in your space.
- Comes with on-board tools
- It is a bagless design
- Comes with a sixteen feet cord
- It is a three in one cleaner that functions as a handheld vac, utility vac and stick vac
- Measures 7 inches by 11 inches by 45 inches
- Comes with a removable dust/dirt cup
- Comes with a one year warranty
- Lightweight construction hence comfortable to carry as you work
- The on/off switch is simple and easily accessible
- The wheels are smooth rolling
- Has a wrap cord for convenience
- Its handheld unit easily detaches from the larger onboard crevice tool
- Is versatile hence efficient for multipurpose use
This Miele product has exceptionally perfect cleaning power that has been packaged in a sleek, agile and lightweight body. It has six distinct power settings, which are displayed on the rotary dial hence making it easy for the suction’s vacuum power to be varied. For cleanup of floors, fabrics etc, this is the model for you.
- A classic FiberTeQ tool that’s ideal in cleanup of low pile rugs, carpeting together with smooth flooring
- Has a toggle switch that allows the user to quickly transition from carpet leaning to smooth flooring
- Features a long electrical cord having an automatic rewind
- Has a telescopic wand made of stainless steel
- Has three accessories namely: crevice nozzle, upholstery tool and a dusting brush
- Air Cleanup filter
- Bottom of Form
- Exceptionally lightweight
- Multipurpose as a result of the Dusting brush, crevice nozzle and upholstery tool on VarioClip
- A wide cleaning radius of 29.5-feet hence saves your time
- Recommended for smooth flooring, low pile rugs and carpeting. This is a real classic combination
The model is one that you would love to use when cleaning your hardwood floors. It is one of the best you will come across outside there. Whether they are small debris, pet hair, little soil particles and other forms of dirt, the model will ensure that your floor is well done and sparkling clean. Below are some of its features:
- It has been designed for cleaning hard floors
- Has a 20 inch power cord
- Has a swivel head which allows one to easily clean hidden areas such as the furniture legs
- It has an innovative V shaped suction technology. The V shape is designed to capture both the larger debris-at the center of the suction path- and the small debris-at the ends.
- Its dirt cup is an easy-to-empty design hence making the cleanup project to be a breeze
- Easily used to clean furniture legs and other limited space areas
- Easily cleans up low pile areas.
- Captures both the fine debris as well as the large debris.
- Neither broom nor attachment needed for it to capture debris at the tight spaces such as edges and the likes.
- It is great for use in cleanup of pet hair
- It is lightweight hence convenient to be used by everyone.
Types of vacuum cleaners for hardwood floors
These are relatively more affordable cleaners that are effective for cleaning up hardwood floors. The setback associated with these cleaners is the fact that they are relatively heavy hence a tall order to move or even maneuver with.
These are portable cleaners due to their lightweight nature. They are relatively much easier to maneuver with and to operate. If you want a type that will be used in cleaning the stairs, under cabinets and furniture etc, then buy a model from this type.
These are also lightweight hence amongst the most portable vacuum cleaners. It easily fits in limited space areas such as under the furniture and cabinets.
These are designs that are designed with in-built bins rather than the disposable bags associated with other types of cleaners. They have an edge as far as dirt collection is concerned. Their downside is the fact that it can be quite a chore to empty and cleanup the bins, especially when the dust, dirt and pet hair cling to the surfaces.
How to choose the best one or points to keep in mind while buying it
There are a number of brands together with varieties of vacuum cleaners the market has to offer today. This is in addition to the several numbers of types you may know of. The best vacuum for hardwood floors are obviously that which will serve your needs, nothing more and nothing less. Below are some of those important factors and procedures to guide you as you look for a hardwood vacuum cleaner to serve your needs.
- Choosing a cleaner that is brushless or that which comes with a brush-roll off switch is a good thing. Your hardwood floors would be scratched or damaged if you used brushes to scrub it.
- The hardwood floor cleaners are highly reliant on suction power for clean up. Ensure that you go for a cleaner with strong power motor that would suit your needs.
- It is highly recommended that you go for those cleaners having better filters. In the event that anyone within your household suffer from allergies, then ensure that the cleaner you want to choose has the HEPA filters since they are known to be having highest particle filtration levels.
- There are some cleaners that have disposable dirt bags while others have lifetime bins that need frequent clean up and minimal maintenance. The latter are better because they will save you a lot of funds as you will not have to be buying and replacing the bags every now and then. However, they are quite expensive to buy.
- Portability is an aspect never to be overlooked. With cordless vacuum cleaners, using lithium ion batteries rather than Nickel-Cadmium ones, you will have a portable device that can be used literally anywhere as long as your batteries have charge.
- Additional accessories such as the crevice tools and nozzles will allow you reach and clean places that are difficult to reach i.e. corners, edges and under furniture.
- You can opt for a stick vacuum in case you are looking for a lightweight machine which is also easy to use.
- If emptying the vacuum will be an issue, you would rather go for the Bagged vacuums.
Cleaning up your hardwood floors need to be safe, easy and effective. In order to do this, you need not just a hardwood vacuum cleaner but the best vacuum for hardwood floors. Compared to brooms and the traditional mops, the hardwood cleaners will offer more power hence efficiency in terms of job done and the duration for doing the same. With more additions, such as tools and accessories, you will be able to reach and easily clean areas that you would have reached with difficulty were you to use the traditional brooms and mops. Do your search for the best vacuum cleaner that your job will need and make haste to buy and start a new revolutionized hardwood cleanup experience.